Best Anti-Hack - Admin tools

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:00 pm

VAC is fine, but by far the best out there is server admins.  After the hack-fest that was MW2, Black ops proved that having dedi-servers with an active community, hacks are kept to a minimum.

Any info on the admin tools that will be available for these "free" servers would be appreciated.  BTW, the word "free" scares the hell out of me.  Seems like a business model to lock down the servers.

Betsy Humpledink

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:10 am

if VAC is fine .. then why is MW2 a hack fest ????

your right admin.s are the best .. so lets give them the real tools ..

punkbuster streaming to PB bans... that is by far the best anticheat tool a admin can have ....

and lets face it .. admins just wanna play .. they dont wanna sit there alnight watching film on suspected cheaters

streaming to PBbans helps this by doing md5 checks .. they really can do the work for a server admin.

Emily Graham

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 pm

It meant to say that VAC and PB (software based anti-hacks) are fine.   And I agree that PBbans is great.  I've ran a BFBC2 server and banning someone takes all of 10 secs and can be done in-game.  So play in servers that have multiple admins and usually have one in game and you're good.  This systme also promotes community which leads to a long game life.

Steven Hardman

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:02 pm

see thats the problem right there ... they dont want it to live longer than 1 year ... which is way we get the shaft year after year

PBbans is still knocking cheats down in cod4 its a shame at what cod has become .. even old counter strike players say cod is the most hack infest game of all time .... they are even bold enough now to post here in the forums openly

Abi Emily

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:37 pm

I would like to see game readouts every game I play that this player uses cheats and has been banned..ex. LOVE CONQUERS ALL has been banned from playing MW 3.

Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:30 pm

im a clan leader running cod4 servers.(soon to be mw3 servers)all our cod4 servers are pb enabled, pbbans, punksbusted, ggc, and (match server) gv, all these anti cheats work, we hav e auto banned 500 haxors in last few years, many more hacks still run undetyected, so you can add 200 or so manually banned  by our admins, our servers are great places for those who like fun without descrimination or abuse in every comment, (abusers get banned same as haxors xd)now we tried blops servers but there is no real control, so ditched em.looking forward to mw3 now but nothing beats hands on adminskeeping their servers clean.. www.bhc-rangers.com

Albert Wesker

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:42 am

trouble is there are alot of lazy server admin.s ... streaming servers can do the work for them ... the whole community benifits

Tiffany Carter

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:43 pm

May the Admins fix the disadvantages of VAC (Don't like cheaters).

Sudah mati ini Keparat

Return to COD8 -- MW3